Texas Transfer Alliance
The Texas Transfer Alliance is a collaboration of Texas universities and community colleges focused on improving transfer student outcomes. The Alliance is led by the Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin, and is guided by representatives from: Texas A&M University System, Texas Association of Community Colleges, Texas State University System, University of North Texas System, and University of Texas System.
The Alliance’s work is designed to help Texas institutions meet their goals for improved student success, including the 60x30TX goals as outlined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. To view the Alliance’s goals and metrics, click here. The Alliance receives advisory support from Educate Texas as well as resources and technical assistance from Tackling Transfer, a collaboration among three national partners (the Aspen Institute’s College Excellence Program, HCM Strategists, and Sova).
As your partners in this work, the Texas Transfer Alliance looks forward to:
- Celebrating and elevating the visibility of your existing and future transfer-related successes;
- Helping you deepen your transfer efforts and meet your institution’s student success goals;
- Connecting you with other field leaders both in- and out-of-state; and
- Helping you meet your 60x30TX goals by supporting transfer students’ success.
Download the Texas Transfer Alliance 3-pager here.
Contact the Charles A. Dana Center:
Dr. William R. Crowe
Interim Director of Higher Education Strategy, Policy, and Services
Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas-Austin
Updated August 2021
Through its Transfer Partnership Strategy (TPS), the Alliance is working intensively with 26 universities and community colleges across the state. Visit the TPS Dashboard to learn more about the TPS goals and outcomes, participating institutions, and upcoming events. The Alliance is also working to make relevant research, tools, and resources widely available to all institutions in Texas. Please use the below links to access these resources.
August 2020 Texas Transfer Alliance Webinar
January 2020 Webinar
October 2019 Texas Transfer Alliance Webinar
April 2019 Webinar
Research & Tools
News & Updates
- Letter to Texas Institutions re: Ensuring Equitable Transfer during COVID-19 (June 15, 2020)
- 26 Texas Colleges and Universities Selected to Participate in Dana Center-led Collaboration (October 15, 2019)
- Opinion: To make ‘free college’ work, smooth out the path from community college to a bachelor’s degree (September 4, 2019)